In honor of Lindsey’s current dilemma, we’ve decided to compile a list of situations when it may be time to find a new apartment – and fast.
- It’s time to find a new apartment when…
- Everything that can break has and your landlord has yet to fix anything.
- Turning around and standing up in your apartment is difficult.
- Your new “roommate” has a tendency to scurry across the floor and chew holes in your cereal boxes.
- Your landlord does anything to qualify him for our “You Know You Have a Bad Landlord When…” list.
- You wake up to find your actual roommate watching you.
- That mysterious stain under the sink starts to grow…
- Your daily soundtrack consists of gunshots and sirens.
- Your neighbors think the best time for band practice is at 3 in the morning.
- Your apartment is better at keeping the cold in than the heat.
- The approaching rent due date keeps you from sleeping.
Deciding to keep an apartment can be a big decision, but in these situations, it’s an open and shut case. What situations would you add to the list?